Holiday shopping safety tips
ROSEBURG, OR – The Roseburg Police Department is offering the following holiday shopping safety tips as we approach Thanksgiving and Black Friday, kicking the holiday shopping season into high gear:
• Do not leave packages and purchased items visible in your vehicle. Place them in the trunk or cover them with a blanket or other object.
• When shopping during evening hours, park in a well-lit and heavily traveled area.
• When possible, avoid shopping alone.
• Carry a minimal amount of cash. Instead, use debit/credit cards to make purchases.
• Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused. Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
• Be aware of strangers approaching you for any reason. During this time of year, people try various methods to distract you with the intention of taking money or belongings.
• Be aware of your surroundings. If you see any suspicious activity, notify the police, store security or appropriate personnel.
• Do not leave your purse or wallet unattended for any amount of time.
• Avoid overloading yourself with packages. Instead, make frequent trips to your vehicle to lessen your load.
• Be extra cautious when using ATMs. Use machines located in highly populated areas and be aware of your surroundings.
The Roseburg Police Department wishes you a safe and happy holiday season.
In case of an emergency, Dial 9-1-1
Roseburg Police Department Non-Emergency Phone: (541) 440-4471
Posted by RoseburgAdmin