Roseburg Police offer bike safety tips
ROSEBURG – Sunny weather and blue skies are bringing more bicyclists out on roads around town this spring.
“The Roseburg Police Department looks forward to seeing bicyclists enjoying spring weather and being outside soaking up the sunshine,” said Roseburg Police Sgt. Daniel Allen. “Let’s please remember to ride safely and follow all traffic laws to prevent any accidents.”
Roseburg Police are offering bicycle safety tips to remember when riding your bike to work or school:
• Check your bike for proper operation and fix anything that’s broken;
• Be safe and visible by wearing a helmet and brightly colored clothing;
• Be watchful, alert and aware of your surroundings;
• Look before entering street lanes;
• Keep both hands on the handlebars for control;
• Obey all traffic laws and remember your hand signals;
• Use bicycle safety lights at night.
For more information, check out the Oregon Department of Transportation’s Pedestrian and Bicycle Program information.
Posted by RoseburgAdmin