The Budget Committee meets as needed, generally at 7:00 p.m. during the spring to review the proposed annual operating budget, any supplemental budgets and make recommendations to the City Council as to final budget approval. City residency is required. Inquiries regarding this Committee may be directed to Finance Director Ron Harker at 541-492-6710.
|Mike Baker, Chair
||Knut Torvik, Vice-Chair
Meeting Public Input
Citizens may speak on any item on the agenda, unless a public hearing where comments have been taken and the hearing has closed.
To provide comment during virtual meetings, contact the Assistant City Manager/City Recorder by phone (541-492-6866) or email (email@example.com) by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting. Please indicate at that time if ADA accommodations are requested. Provide your name, address, phone number and which item on the agenda you wish to speak. You will then be provided with a link and phone number to the Budget meeting. Log on or call in prior to the start of the meeting using the link or phone number provided.
- When accessing the meeting through the ZOOM link, you will be asked to enter your email and name. After entering your email and name, click "Join Webinar" to join the meeting as an attendee.
- When accessing the meeting through the phone, call the number provided.
- All attendees will be held in a "waiting room" until called on to speak. While in the "waiting room", attendees will be able to see and hear the meeting, but will not be seen or heard until brought into the meeting by the host.
Persons addressing the Budget Committee must state their name and address for the record, including whether or not they are a resident of the City of Roseburg. All remarks shall be directed to the entire Budget Committee who reserves the right to delay any action requested until they are fully informed on the matter.
Anyone wishing to speak regarding an item on the agenda may do so when the Chair addresses that item or on a matter not on the evening's agenda, may do so under "Audience Participation."
- If you join the meeting via Zoom, please select the "raise hand" button when the Mayor calls for speakers. You will be moved out of the "waiting room" to speak. After you have provided your comments, you will be moved back into the "waiting room".
- If you join the meeting on the phone number you provided to the City Recorder, you will be brought into the meeting to speak when the Mayor calls for speakers, then moved back to the "waiting room".
With the exception of public hearings, each speaker will be allotted a total of 6 minutes. At the 4-minute mark, a warning will be given at which point the Chairr will remind the speaker there are only 2 minutes left. All testimony given shall be new and not have been previously presented to the Budget Committee.
A total of 30 minutes shall be allocated for the "Audience Participation" portion of the meeting.