City Council Meeting Agenda Packet
Current City Council Agenda - August 8, 2022 - Meeting CANCELLED
Next meeting will be August 22, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Public Viewing Access:
In person at Roseburg City Hall Council Chamber
City website at /your-government/mayor-council/council-videos
Facebook Live at www.Facebook.com/CityofRoseburg
Currently, the Charter Cable PEG Channel 191 has been experiencing technical issues and is not available at this time.
City Council Meetings
Regular City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers or can be viewed by the public on the City's website and Facebook Live (see above). Agendas for upcoming Council meetings are available on this page of the website.
The Roseburg City Council welcomes and encourages participation by citizens at all our meetings, with the exception of Executive Sessions, which, by state law, are closed to the public. To allow Council to deal with business on the agenda in a timely fashion, we ask that anyone wishing to address the Council follow these simple guidelines:
Comments may be provided in one of three ways:
- In person during the meeting in the Council Chambers, Roseburg City Hall, 900 SE Douglas Ave.
- Email by sending an email by 12:00 p.m. the day of the meeting to email@example.com
- Virtually during the meeting. Contact the City Recorder by phone (541) 492-6866 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12:00 p.m. the day of the meeting to get a link to the meeting.
Provide your name, address, phone number and which item on the agenda you wish to speak.
When participating virtually, log or call in prior to the start of the meeting using the link or phone number provided.
- When accessing the meeting through the ZOOM link, click “Join Webinar” to join the meeting as an attendee.
- When accessing the meeting through the phone, call the number provided.
- All attendees will be held in a “waiting room” until called on to speak.
Persons addressing the Council must state their name and address for the record, including whether or not they are a resident of the City of Roseburg. All remarks shall be directed to the entire City Council. The Council reserves the right to delay any action requested until they are fully informed on the matter.
With the exception of public hearings, each speaker will be allotted a total of 6 minutes. At the 4-minute mark, a warning bell will sound at which point the Mayor will remind the speaker there are only 2 minutes left. All testimony given shall be new and not have been previously presented to Council.
A total of 30 minutes shall be allocated for the “Audience Participation” portion of the meeting.
- Anyone wishing to speak regarding an item on the agenda may do so when Council addresses that item.
- Anyone wishing to speak regarding an item on the Consent Agenda, or on a matter not on the evening’s agenda, may do so under “Audience Participation.”
For each item in which speakers have requested to speak, the order will be as follows:
- Speakers who attend in person will be called up to speak by the Mayor in the order in which they signed up.
- Speakers on Zoom (video or phone only) will be called on to speak by the Mayor in the order in which they signed up. Each speaker will be brought in from the “waiting room”’ into the meeting to provide comments, then moved back to the “waiting room” after comments are provided.
- Emailed comments to be read by the Mayor
If a matter presented to Council is of a complex nature, the Mayor or a majority of Council may:
- Postpone the public comments to “Items from Mayor, Councilors or City Manager” after completion of the Council’s business agenda, or
- Schedule the matter for continued discussion at a future Council meeting.
The Mayor and City Council reserve the right to respond to audience comments after the audience participation portion of the meeting has been closed.
The City Council meetings are on Facebook Live and available to view on the City website the next day at: https://www.cityofroseburg.org/your-government/mayor-council/council-videos
The full agenda packet is available on the City’s website at: https://cityofroseburg.org/your-governement/mayor-council/council-agendas.
|Archived Council Meetings
Agendas are available on the website for the current year and one year prior. To review previous meeting agenda, please click here. If you are seeking information from an older meeting, please contact the City Administration Office. A public records request may be required.